Tuesday 30 March 2004

Rush Hour

How do you prioritise when everything is urgent and none of it is easy? That is, everything will take some time to do, it needs to be done really quickly, and there is more than one project behaving like this. I'm at a loss.

When things get hectic, I tend to fold over and let myself fail. I've never found out why that might be. Perhaps I don't believe in myself or my abilities enough. But when I think of it that way, it doesn't paint the whole picture. I don't think I fear success, though I do shy away from both compliments and criticism. "Let me do my own thing at my own pace, and keep your opinions to yourself", I seem to say.

Unfortunately, this is not the way the world works. I'm not supposed to make myself an island. I don't think I am. I'll ask for help when I need it and I think you can provide it. But when the phrase "my responsibility alone" crosses my mind, it's all over.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - Hopefully, one day, I'll run out of introspective things to say here.
PPS - Maybe when I'm eighty or so.

No comments: