Tuesday 13 April 2004

The True Greatness of Programming

One of the things I like about programming computers is this: if you can't find the tools to do the job, you can make them yourself. In software there is no difference between the tools you use and the programs you write with them. So if you need, say, a personal organiser and what you can find doesn't suit your needs, you can write one that does. There are any number of programs I've thought about writing for exactly this reason. Usually it turns out someone else has done it for me, which is one of the things I like about the Internet. But that's another post for another day.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - I forgot to mention Alabaster Box and Blind in yesterday's post.
PPS - I also saw them at AGMF both this year and last year.

No comments: