Friday 7 May 2004

Gerald

I'm a fan of the Brisbane ska-rock band Gerald, and have been for a while. Recently, though, I think I made the jump from casual fan (and friend of two members) to scary groupie. I think it was at AGMF this year that I crossed over, at least in the mind of the band. It was the second Gerald show I'd been to in just over a week, and I saw Ben, Dave and Adam talking to someone outside afterwards. I said "Hey, guys. Good set." and kept walking, but thought a second later "Man, what kind of freak am I?". See, it had occurred to me that I'm a non-musician using music lingo who actually has nothing to say to the band, and I still said it.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - My motivation behind the spontaneous remark can only be the mild insanity of a groupie.
PPS - Then again, maybe I'm over-analysing things just a bit.

No comments: