Wednesday 30 June 2004

Greatest Show Ever

The other day I saw my first episode of "Faking It". The basic premise of the show is to take a person out of their regular job and give them a crash course in something completely different. Then they place the impostor alongside a few genuine articles and get a panel of judges to see if they can spot the phoney. The episode I saw had a New York lawyer transformed into a pro wrestler by the name of "Psycho T". Usually I'm opposed to all things pro wrestling, but I do respect the amount of physical ability these performers have.

I love the idea of showing just how adaptable human beings are. You can rip a person out of their day-to-day routine and put them in a completely new situation for just a few weeks, and they're already adapting. Give it a year of the same treatment and I think you'd find the transformation to be just about complete.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - "Psycho T" fooled 2 of the 3 judges.
PPS - I think he got to keep his mullet hair extensions.

No comments: