Tuesday 8 June 2004

Welcome to KOTOR

My morning routine has been thrown off for the past couple of days by my Dad sleeping in. He swears he's not suffering jetlag. My brother, Ug, who never changes timezone, is suffering from jetlag. Specifically, "Gamer's Jetlag", also known as "Final Fantasy XI".

I'm getting well into Knights of the Old Republic, and I'm already wishing I'd spent my level-up points differently. I could really use some stealth ability right now. So far, although I'm enjoying it, I'm remembering the old adventure gamer's frustration. I know I have to get through that door. I know I need either identity papers or a Sith uniform. I thought I could find someone to help me at the cantina, just because it seems that's where you find shady characters to help you out. So far, I've found a really good way to get hurt and a card player who won't talk about anything else. There's a nut out in the street ranting about aliens and a few shops selling equipment I don't need or can't use.

To top things off, every now and then the game tells me that something is bothering my secondary party member, which prompts me to talk to him. Then we have an argument.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - It's Fun Because LucasArts Said So!
PPS - (tm)

No comments: