Sunday 18 July 2004

The Sunday Mok - 18 July 2004

Last Sunday I missed Ashalea's eviction from Big Brother because I forgot to check how long the double eviction would run. This upset me a bit, because Ashalea was my favourite of the remaining housemates. I also thought that it's not fair for someone (not saying who) to be so great, still single, close by and completely uninterested.
On Monday I felt like I achieved very little at work. I should have taken a longer break back when I could, or should have grabbed more sleep. I wanted to spend more time around my friends, just to relax and chat.
Tuesday I tried chicken teriyaki sushi for lunch. I got three rolls, though one and a half would have been enough. I struggled through all three and felt quite ill. I got a little break from my regular work routine when I had to hunt down a bug in our graduate application website. Apparently the frame that Hotmail uses to display external links prevented the site security from working, so we had very few applicants proceed past the registration phase.
Wednesday I missed the Brisbane auditions on Australian Idol because of a bug in the VCR software I use. I did set it to record for an extra hour, but that only takes effect after another change has been made. I also came to the conclusion that the Professional 2 project at work is possibly too all-encompassing to actually work.
Thursday I realised I'd been getting carried away thinking too much about Kym, though it was nice for a while to have someone else on my mind besides ... my previous interest. I got frustrated with my part of Professional 2, also, because I find it difficult to truly reach harmony between the design and the execution. I often find this is true of projects where I am responsible for a user interface.
Friday I discussed a security model with Brad and started knocking out some new code to handle it at a low level. I'm not sure it will be entirely capable of carrying that load, though. Also had the first night of youth group, and the kids were definitely a handful. They just could not sit still or be quiet to hear instructions.
My entire Saturday morning disappeared before I knew it, what with sleeping in, exercise and television. For most of the afternoon I played KOTOR and watched movies. We also went to the local Thai restaurant to belatedly celebrate my birthday with just the family.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - Overall, I felt tired and unmotivated this week.
PPS - Now I have more sleeping to do.

No comments: