Sunday 5 September 2004

The Sunday Mok - It's all about The Ladies

Since my week has been significantly affected by a member of the opposite sex (for better and worse), that's what I'll discuss. I shall withhold her actual name, but to make it easier to talk about her, I'll call her Alice.
Last Saturday I was informed by a third party that Alice was interested in me, which was a pleasant surprise. I had to admit that I had only the faintest idea that could be true.
On Sunday I felt she was all wrong for me and decided it would be a bad idea to pursue anything.
Throughout Monday I let the whole situation simmer away in my mind, trying to reach a solid conclusion, because, as I mentioned, I like this girl and also feel that she's entirely wrong for me.
On Tuesday I was starting to think it might be worth a go, because it's a rare opportunity to me.
By Wednesday I felt it was a certainty and had decided to give it my best shot at a party on Saturday night. Keep in mind that this has all happened without any further contact or information from Alice or my informant.
On Thursday I sent her a text message to make sure she would be there on Saturday, and immediately felt like an idiot for sending it. When she replied in the affirmative, my mood improved again.
Friday I found it a little difficult to concentrate on work at times, since I was so geared up for Saturday. I started to realise, though, that things would happen a bit slower than I had imagined.
On Saturday at the actual party, it took me ages to relax enough to go and sit down next to Alice - I never have the benefits of Dutch Courage. I did what I could, kept it light, and discovered that, if Alice does in fact like me, I am one of many prospective partners, and not first on the list. She went home, then I did too, a little while later.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - Perhaps it's for the best.
PPS - My mood is positive at the moment.

No comments: