Monday 13 September 2004

The Terminal

Just in case you want my opinion (and even if you don't) The Terminal is quite an enjoyable way to spend two and a half hours, and it doesn't feel too long. I'm usually in favour of shortening movies to a maximum of two hours, but I'll let this one slide. The obligatory plot summary: Tom Hanks plays Viktor, a traveller from the fictional Eastern European country of Krakozhia whose government is overthrown while he's on a plane to New York. As a result, he has no nationality and an invalid passport and visa and is not permitted to leave the airport. He nests at gate 67 and settles in for a long stay, even though the airport beaurocrats don't expect him to actually obey the rules of the bizarre oversight. Genuinely enjoyable, blatantly emotional at times, and with just a bit of poor dialogue, I found The Terminal well worth my time.

4.5/5 - Some parts felt just a touch too awkward.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - I've added a link to Apropos of Something in the sidebar.
PPS - Geek joke about computer terminals removed from this post.

No comments: