Monday 25 October 2004

A note to telemarketers

Although your script may tell you to say "there is no catch", if it goes on to describe some responsibility I will have or something else I have to accept, that's a catch. You can save us both the embarrassment if you just admit it. Unless our conversation goes something like this, I'm not interested:
You: "We want to give you something for FREE!"
Me: "What's the catch?"
You: "There is no catch!"
Me: (waits in silence to hear the catch)
You: "Are you still there?"
Me: "So there's seriously no catch?"
You: "That's right!"
Me: (waits in silence just a bit longer)
You: (reverting to the previous script line) "Are you still there?"
Me: "Yes. I will take your stuff for free with no obligations or catches."
You: "Great!"

Mokalus of Borg

PS - I've just got to stop answering my phone when it says "Private Number calling".
PPS - If only I didn't have friends with private numbers...

No comments: