Sunday 17 October 2004

The Sunday Mok - Preoccupied

I had a really good title for this post a few hours ago, and now I can't remember it. I guess that means you're stuck with the dodgy one.
On Sunday I played City of Heroes in the afternoon, then we had a worship workshop before the evening church service. I didn't quite get a chance to see all my friends that night.
On Monday I was angry. I'd been told, indirectly, by an acquaintance that she'd rather not see me. Either that or she was trying to avoid making me go out of my way to pay back some cash. Somehow I doubt it was the second option. I started missing some sleep.
On Tuesday at work I kept designing the alert sending module for our accounting package. It turns out to be quite tangled with the rest of the system which is something I would rather avoid in the design if I can. I've found myself just stopping and spacing out for a minute, staring at nothing. It's weird.
Wednesday I consulted with a co-worker about the alert module and how it might mesh better with everything else. We didn't make very solid progress. I also helped with some debugging. For the second time running I missed tutoring in the evening - Tim sent me an urgent email about it at 7pm that I didn't get until 11pm. He expected me to come to his place and I expected him to come here. We rescheduled to Sunday afternoon. I looked for clock radios with digital tuners and found that they're typically priced upwards of $90, so I didn't get one.
By Thursday I'd been sleeping in later than usual, not shaving in the morning and dozing on the busses, both into work in the morning and home in the evening. I need a little more sleep regularly. The time when I get to rest always seems just a little further off in the distance.
On Friday I was looking for the right way to grieve for a relationship. I can usually find some kind of symbolic gesture that gives me a sense of closure, but this time I'm having more trouble actually acquiring the right props for this action. I had pizza for lunch and a huge plate of pasta for dinner, and I felt rotten afterwards - really sick. I definitely don't need to eat this much.
On Saturday I played City of Heroes again, then went shopping and to two parties: a birthday dinner at Sizzler (all you can eat - just what I need) and a housewarming. I stayed longer at the housewarming than most other people did, and walked home around 1am.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - Although I say I need more sleep and less food, I'll probably continue eating and partying.
PPS - I know it's not entirely healthy.

No comments: