Tuesday 18 January 2005

Kevins Smiths

I saw Dogma again last night (I've lost count how many times I've seen it now) and the one thing that always bugs me is the poor grasp of non-English plurals. For instance:
"I've had to put up with it for a millennia."
No, you haven't, see, because you can either put up with it for a millennium or many millennia. And the one that really gets to me is:
"I am a seraphim."
You are a seraph. What you just said is as crazy as saying "I am an angels".

Aside from this extremely nit-picky point, I do enjoy the movie almost as much as I hate/loathe/despise the type of person who talks as I watch it. Especially if they rationalise their behaviour as "I know I'm not supposed to talk, but it's really important that I point out right now that I've just noticed that's Jay and Silent Bob". I don't care. Nobody does.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - Occasionally I make threats to people like that.
PPS - They're usually empty, so they never sink in.

No comments: