Sunday 9 January 2005

The Sunday Mok - 9 January 2005

Last Sunday was relaxing, as usual. After the evening church service some of us stayed behind to watch Stargate SG-1 DVDs until about 01:00. The rest of the day was sleep and City of Heroes.
On Monday I sun-bleached my hair a bit. I probably would have preferred it to come out a bit lighter than it did. People have yet to comment on it, which is probably because most of my friends have spent time at the beach recently, and their hair has also been lightened.
Tuesday I went shopping for a router, a gift and to get some old photos developed. The router story has been told already and the photos were less than spectacular. They seemed to be mostly opportunistic shots and film-wasters just to finish off the roll, spanning Easter to New Year. I don't take many photos. I bought Evil Genius for the gift, based on an Apropos of Something recommendation. I have since finished the demo and heard positive reviews from many other people. Now I need my own copy. Youthworx reunion also that night.
Wednesday was way too hot and humid to do anything but lounge in front of a fan. I went to Bridgit's to hang out with Stu and Murrae too, and play Party Monopoly. I lost first, which makes me some kind of winner, I think.
Thursday I went op-shopping with Stu and Bridgit for appropriate 80s costumes for Stu's 21st. I had mine sorted out already - I was just checking for cheap suits and hideous ties. I went back to karate in the evening for the first time in a few weeks and came home drenched with sweat. I blame the humidity for creating a zero evaporation rate.
On Friday morning I checked out the QFleet car auctions with Dad. The Toyota Camry I was interested in sold for $19 300, which is not surprising considering its good condition and low odometer reading. I played City of Heroes in the afternoon until Daniel and Lotte's farewell party, which I enjoyed. Of course.
Saturday I found out that the next time I'll see Vicki will be three weeeks from now, unless she calls me first. I'm going out on a limb and saying she's not gonna call. I went to Stu's 21st dressed as Freddy Krueger and was quickly surpassed by Murrae's full Darth Vader costume. We tried to convince Murrae (recently elected Elder at church) to wear the costume when he first distributes communion. He seemed less than receptive to the idea. Party pooper.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - I'm not quite looking forward to going back to work tomorrow.
PPS - Most of my time will be sorting out weeks of email.

No comments: