Friday 18 March 2005

The Rehearsal Must Go On

There is one way - and one way only - to get through a four-and-a-half hour dress rehearsal with the flu: paracetamol, pseudoephedrine and codeine. I've been sick all week, and nothing much is helping me get better. I'm swilling orange juice in enormous quantities, sleeping constantly and all the rest. Very little in the way of positive results so far, although I do have my voice back. I struggled through the Jesus play dress rehearsal last night (two full runs through) and had to be carried home in a bucket.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - I'm surprised no pharmaceutical company has tried to name their flu remedy "pseudo-paraceta-coda-ephedrina-mol".
PPS - Well, not actually that surprised.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Exactly how does one get carried home in a bucket?

John said...

Curse my under-evocative metaphors! Just picture me slowly melting during the rehearsal until all that's left at the end is a goopy, influenza-infected puddle. That's how I felt by the end.

Mokalus of Borg