Sunday 13 March 2005

The Sunday Mok - Gearing up

Last Sunday I think I did rather well to stay awake during the morning church service, considering how much sleep I got the previous night. Then again, I used all my free time for the whole day to sleep, so I managed to get a fair amount in. I also had a rehearsal in the afternoon.
Monday's big event was the Green Day/Simple Plan concert, which rocked hard. I would have liked to be closer to the stage, but I guess you can't have everything.
Tuesday at work I just prepared some prototype screens for a web database we've codenamed "Panda". I like the idea of naming projects after endangered animals. It has a certain poetry to it. Rehearsal in the evening was focused on crowd scenes.
Wednesday I started nailing down the database structure for Panda. I played City of Heroes and The Matrix Online in the evening.
On Thursday we got a proper name for Panda: "Venture". We also named a set of old code "Cornerstone", because it's a good enough starting point for simple projects. Cornerstone needs some serious work, though. I skipped karate in the evening because I was feeling a little sick.
Friday I knew I was getting a cold, because I started up with a dry cough. At work we started actual coding for Venture, and I tried to incorporate some good design choices from the beginning. In the evening we took the youth group kids to play beach volleyball at Rebound at Enoggera, which was fun. It was indoor beach volleyball, though, which sounds like an oxymoron.
Saturday was mostly taken up with a tech rehearsal for the Easter play. It took about seven hours, so I was almost bored by the end. The whole thing went quite well, though, and I'm excited about how good the production will be.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - Now, however, I'm definitely sick and just soldiering on.
PPS - Remember the play performance dates.

No comments: