Sunday 20 March 2005

The Sunday Mok - The Sick Actor

Last Sunday I definitely had the flu. My voice was failing and I was coughing, sneezing and dripping everywhere. Rehearsal in the afternoon felt all wrong to me, possibly because we jumped right in without warming up.
Monday I stayed home sick from work and spent the day watching television and sleeping. I did go to bible study in the evening and felt unfocused and lethargic.
Tuesday I went back to work, still lethargic and medicated. I was dead tired by 4pm and considered going home then, but it seemed silly to take about one hour of sick leave in a day. Brad had redesigned the application framework we were using for Venture, so I had to start getting used to that.
After Wednesday at work I needed extra sleep at home, though I did get through the day well enough. I got sick of writing database mapper classes for Venture, so I wrote one big one to take care of most of the tedious work for me and just needs to be configured.
Thursday I stayed home sick again. I think I should have taken Monday and Tuesday off instead, because that would have helped me get better sooner. I decided to cut out all my extra-curricular activities except the dress rehearsal and performance. I got through the dress rehearsal well enough, and collapsed afterwards. We did two runs right through, and the second one was the better one.
Friday I was back at work again for a relatively uneventful day. I stayed home from youth group and watched Undead on television. I didn't take any flu tablets all day and felt okay.
Saturday was a pretty big day, really. I played City of Heroes in the morning, then tried to sleep until afternoon. Dad and I went shopping briefly and I looked for the season 1 box set of Stargate SG-1, but couldn't find it. The performance in the evening went quite well, though we did skip a little bit of one scene and I left the stage too early in another, so I missed a line. Bridgit, Kirsty and Erin came to see the play, then left too quickly for me to catch them there. I cut short my participation in the pyjama party at Bridgit's afterwards due to tiredness.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - There's still time to catch the second performance.
PPS - Now I need to sleep some more.

No comments: