Sunday 3 April 2005

The Sunday Mok - Another Short Week

Last Sunday I was still at AGMF, which is why no Sunday Mok appeared then. I suppose I could have done it later but, er, I didn't. It was a good day, I saw some good bands, and that's about it.
Monday we packed up and left Toowoomba. My own luggage had decreased in volume, and the girls had managed to expand. I was horrified at the way their tent was packed up. Our late breakfast at McDonald's would have been the second-last straw in a weekend load of fatty food. One more day there and I think I would have taken ill.
Tuesday was back to work, where I achieved some positive things. Karate in the evening meant being separated from the group to work on my kata. Since kata is one of the more strenuous aspects of karate for me, I was sore for a couple of days following that.
On Wednesday, besides the office grind and watching myself on video, I played City of Heroes as my defender and completed a zombie-killing mission that was giving me trouble.
Thursday the weather turned colder. Cold for sub-tropical Brisbane, that is. It's not like we can see our breath or anything. I got some real user feedback about DailyDownloads, one of my personal projects, so I spent my lunch hour fixing it up for a new release. I played more CoH in the evening.
On Friday I worked more on DailyDownloads, just up to the point where it needed debugging and tidying up before a release. I missed the first night of youth group in order to attend a cast & crew party for the Easter play, which was cool. I like hanging out with musicians and actors.
Saturday I succumbed to a kind of madness - I went into the office to finish off DailyDownloads and also scan some more of my university notes. In the afternoon I slept and cleaned out a backlog of recorded television on my PC, as well as finally getting the internal audio connector cable working for the TV tuner card. That's much better than the external version for several reasons.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - DailyDownloads is a program I wrote to get my web comics daily and make sure I don't miss any.
PPS - Available on request. ;)

No comments: