Sunday 29 May 2005

The Sunday Mok - "Hold this so he doesn't run away"

Last Sunday was standard as far as Sundays go. Coffee Club instead of bowling after the evening church service. Though I say that, we haven't been bowling in a few weeks now.
On Monday my desk was moved back to its old position, which made the other move completely pointless. I worked on the staff appraisals database and also on tracking down a memory module for the Controls guys.
Tuesday at karate in the evening Mark and Deb had brought some kick pads and a punching bag for a change. I was surprised by the amount of power I could get out of my kicks, because it's just not obvious when you're kicking air.
Wednesday was Towel Day and I missed it. Troubles with the computers at work and home. Queensland won the State of Origin first game, so that (mostly) made up for a missed Towel Day.
On Thursday I spent most of my time on Venture (project management software) and Homer (safety management software). We finally met our new fearless leader, David, whom we had begun to think might not have been real. Dinner at a South-side Thai restaurant with the relatives.
Most of Friday I spent on Homer. The code itself is uncomplicated - what will take up the most time is getting everyone sorted out so they can log in easily. What makes it difficult is what's going to happen in a few months to our office login system, and we have to be ready for that.
I bought an MP3 player on Saturday - a Creative ZEN Micro - and it's pretty cool. I also went to see The Taming of the Shrew at Harvest Rain because the ticket was free and a friend was in the play. Also went to dinner at West End for Adam's birthday.

If you're on the North side of Brisbane and it's not too late to change your plans for tonight, come to The Gap Uniting Church to see Contagious.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - It'll be great.
PPS - Belly-dancing is not my calling.

No comments: