Friday 17 June 2005

Cosmic ray interference

I went to exchange my Stargate: SG-1 season 2 DVDs today, because episode 7 refused to play both in my set-top player and my PC. To my satisfaction, I had verified that I had a faulty disc. Because I had no receipt (which is very strange - I even still have a receipt for a packet of Tic-Tacs I bought late one night to get change for bus fare) they had to check the disc to make sure I wasn't telling big porky-pies. Guess whether it worked.

The opinion of the store manager was that the players I tried it in are incompatible, because they're too cheap. I really don't want to hear that. I should never have to worry that the DVDs I buy won't work in the DVD player that I buy. That's a given. It's so basic to the concept of home entertainment that it should never even have to be stated in the positive as a guarantee. It's what's supposed to happen, end of story.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - So I guess I'll have to invest in a higher-class DVD player.
PPS - If it doesn't work then, expect to read of a Hulk-like rampage through this town.

No comments: