Wednesday 22 June 2005

The Mighty Servant

There is power to be had in being a servant. Obviously the "come hither and lick my boots clean, thou vile knave" kind of power is reserved for the master side of things, so the servant's power is something else.

The servant has power to eliminate any joy their master may take in the servant's suffering. If a servant gladly goes to shovel horse manure out of a stable, then it's no fun to make them go, especially if your main motivation was to make them go against their will.

The servant has power, over many years, to dissolve the master's ability to take care of himself or herself. If the ability is gone, the desire may soon follow, and then the servant owns the master's life completely.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - You know, this made much more sense late last night.
PPS - I'm not sure where on the Force this kind of power resides - Light or Dark.

5 comments:

Erin Marie said...

This wouldn't have anything to do with the current task on Big Brother, would it?

;)

John said...

Just because I'm not allowed to post about Big Brother directly doesn't mean I can't be "inspired" by it, right? I just go with whatever's on my mind at the time.

Erin Marie said...

I wasn't criticising ... just commenting. I think you're doing just fabulously, by the way, on the whole 'not talking about Big Brother' thing. I hope it's not too much of a struggle.

Feel free to be inspired by Big Brother ... you'd be one of the few.

:D

John said...

Indeed. I'd say this would be one of the first (and probably only) historical occasions when BB is referred to as "inspirational". It's not too hard to avoid talking about BB. I don't watch for gossip - I watch for psychological insights.

Erin Marie said...

Um ... yeah. Me too.

*shifty look*