Sunday 26 June 2005

The Sunday Mok - Low-key

Last Sunday I started getting sick. Head cold stuff - coughing, sneezing, blocked nose. Not much fun. I had breakfast at the local Coffee Club with my step-brother-to-be. Other than that, the two church services and sleep.
On Monday I dragged myself to work through the flu and generally felt awful all day. I watched some TV when I got home and then went to bed very early.
By Tuesday I had started taking cold & flu tablets, which made work and sleep easier, but still not exactly pleasant. I had to teach the karate class on Tuesday night, which I managed to do with a student assistant.
On Wednesday I had a review of Homer, the hazard management software I've been writing, and the several improvements suggested are still being worked into it. It would have been good to gather that feedback earlier rather than later.
Thursday, besides a standard day at work, I had to drop off class fees from the Tuesday karate class, then I had a youth group planning meeting. I would have liked to sleep and attempt a recovery from my flu instead.
On Friday at work, I used the lunchtime to try and finally sort out some issues we'd been having with one of the servers. Despite several attempts, I ended up just where I'd started. Low-key party at Erin's in the evening, followed by a discussion about God and life. It was cool, even though it meant missing more sleep.
I caught up on sleep on Saturday, played a bit of City of Heroes, did the house chores, slept some more, watched TV and went to Lachlan's birthday dinner. I expected a few more people to be there.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - I'm still sniffling, coughing and sneezing.
PPS - Most of all I wish I could stop the coughing.

1 comment:

Erin Marie said...

Oooh! Oooh! ^^ That's me!