Sunday 5 June 2005

The Sunday Mok - The present-tense verb form of "bachelor"

Last Sunday evening's service was led by Contagious - five members of the congregation who've been practicing as a band for some time now. It was the first time I'd heard them and I thought they did rather well. We went bowling afterwards and I had an average game followed by a below-average one.
I spent Monday working on workplace health + safety database "Homer" and I'm a bit unhappy with the user interface. I spent the afternoon trying different things and none of them seemed suitable. Bible study in the evening.
On Tuesday evening I just watched TV and transferred some music to my Zen Micro, as well as doing my reading for bible study.
More TV on Wednesday. It's disgusting to spend this much time passively watching something, I know. I also kept working on re-stitching my Jedi robe, just because I feel like I need to finish it.
Thursday at work I pushed ahead on statistical summaries for Homer. In the evening I installed and played a Lego Star Wars demo. I kept missing obvious solutions to problems, but I expect I'd get a handle on the level design eventually.
On Friday I finished off a short-term task to export timesheet details for a specific project. We tend to get these things at the last moment. For better or worse, we often manage to pull it off. Roller skating with the youth group kids in the evening, and I was, naturally, a little unsteady on my feet at times. Dad set off to Russia some time in the afternoon.
Saturday I tried to sleep in and woke at 07:00 out of habit. I wandered down to the shops to pay my credit card bill and pick up some things, then talked to Katie at the book shop for a while. Back home I dozed through Star Wars: A New Hope then watched How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - Okay, so a really boring week for the most part.
PPS - They can't all be winners.

No comments: