Tuesday 23 August 2005

Fake Punk Bands 101

In order to justify the black "VIP" wristband I was issued at AGMF (just for being so darned special, I guess) I made up a fake punk band to be in. By the end of the weekend we had an imaginary debut EP entitled "As Punk As We Can Be". I now have a full track list:
1. Second Time Around
2. As Punk As We Can Be
3. When I Get Old
4. I Live For Jesus (and also Punk)
5. Ten Days (a punk-ified Missy Higgins cover)

What we lacked was a name. I toyed with several possibilities including Robot Monkey and Zombie Peanut Butter (because I happened to have that shirt on). Finally I settled on the name "Milhouse".

Mokalus of Borg

PS - I now feel imaginarily complete.
PPS - That's the next best thing to actual completeness, I suppose.

4 comments:

Erin Marie said...

Can I be in your fake punk band? My resume for the band:

[o] I'm willing to have parts of my hair dyed funky colours including pink, purple or blue. (It looks super cute with the dark, curliness of my hair!)
[o] I can play the guitar, kind of.
[o] I can write music about random things.
[o] I love Jesus.

John said...

Also,
[o] You're already in a band.
Somehow that seems contrary to the Milhouse band philosophy. Tell you what: I'll run it by the imaginary members, we'll have an imaginary vote, then I'll let you know how it goes. By telepathy.

Erin Marie said...

Woo hoo! I'm in! Wait - I am in, right? That's the telepathic message I'm receiving. If I'm not in the band, what am I in then?

Actually, if you count my comedy trio(s), I'm in a few bands. Lens Cap, for example, and it's arch nemesis rival band, Suicidal Pigeons. And let's not forget 'Yoko and and the Orcas'.

Anonymous said...

can i be in the band please please please please please please please please .... I've always wanted to be in a band called Milhouse (well actually a band that has a name at all will suit me) and i have exactly the same criteria as littlemissrandom!!!

PLEASE JOHN PLEASE!!! give a girl a chance :P

btw who's deb?????????