Sunday 28 August 2005

The Sunday Mok - Sleep is for the Weak

Last Sunday morning during the church service, I was conscious that I was singing louder without a microphone than I do with one. Therefore, when I sang in the evening service I made a conscious effort to sing at that volume. It may have been the first time ever that the rostered sound tech didn't come up and tell me to kick it up a notch.
On Monday at work I had a problem: my job is to fix potentially broken electrical drawing labels using no more information than exists on the drawings and in my head. I don't know anything about electrical engineering, so my corrections would be purely random. I asked for help.
Tuesday at work was mostly a write-off, settling in to another office, installing software and so forth. For karate in the evening I trained with the regional instructor to see if I was ready to attempt my black belt. I have to go back again.
On Wednesday I took an exploratory amble around the general street area around the office to see what's what. There's not too much there. I stayed up with Deb later than I usually would.
Thursday I was either tired or bored at work. Probably both. My job for the next couple of months is not particularly stimulating, but a programmer has to do it so any bugs in MCDB can be squashed quickly.
Friday was the LAN party at youth group. It turned out to be smaller than we would have liked, but did run smoothly.
Saturday I went running in the morning for the first time in ages. I played City of Heroes in the morning, then went shopping with Deb in the afternoon. It was a tiring day and I was dropping off around 22:30.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - I can't sign in to Messenger from the new office.
PPS - I can use Web Messenger, but I don't like it.

1 comment:

Pstonie said...

I've moved a lot in my office and set up messenger in each of these locations. Sometimes it does not want to connect without the full network name of the proxy server inserted. Like instead of "proxy1" it might work with "proxy1.domain.enterprise.local".

You can get the full name from a ping, normally.

The best way to test these settings is to get the latest version of messenger and use the test connection button.

That's my bit of potentially useless information for today.