Sunday 2 October 2005

The Sunday Mok - Evens Out

Last Sunday I went to church in the morning, as I usually do on a Sunday. After lunch I took a nap and did some Disciple readings. For dinner, Dad decided to use some potato gnocci instead of our more usual rice or noodles. That's the first time I've tried it, too. An unusual texture.
Monday at work took two ten minute walks back to the other office just to debug some software. I asked the helpdesk guys if there was a way I could do it remotely. Apparently I have to wait until this Monday for someone who can handle that task. I played City of Heroes a bit, too. I haven't been playing as much recently, due to changed free time priorities.
On Tuesday I moved back to my small desk to make room for Graeme who just got back from a long holiday. At least they gave me an LCD monitor this time to maximise my limited desk space. At karate we worked hard on upper body strength, and I was still sore on Saturday. Clearly I need to work on it some more.
Wednesday night I went around to Deb's and we watched Pitch Black, one of my all-time favourite movies. Deb quite liked it, too.
I got a DVD burner on Thursday and haven't quite had time to install it yet. I'll do that this afternoon. I also saw Serenity. Excellent movie in a very Joss Whedon style: snappy dialogue and well-choreographed action. Loved it.
On Friday afternoon I discovered that the bottle of milk I bought on Thursday afternoon had been used up from the work fridge. It did have my name on it, so a lot of people either ignored it or didn't see. We watched Coach Carter at youth group.
I went for a run on Saturday after breakfast, and I felt a bit unfit. I had to walk some sections and cut the whole thing short. I went to a Youthworx planning meeting, then washed my car and went shopping with Deb. After dinner, we went to Bridgit's for a movie night, where we watched Varsity Blues.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - Picking up the pizza on Saturday was delegated to me.
PPS - This is despite the fact that I didn't eat any.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have to learn to be faster with those "Shotgun not" calls

John said...

And here I was thinking that people who want pizza should be the ones who pick it up. I guess I have a lot to learn. ;)

Anonymous said...

That may be true with the no eat, no pickup policy.

You are however, the proud new owner ot a pretty swish vehicle.

Maybe they just thought you'd like an opportunity to drive.

That way, they are actually thinking of your welfare, rather than being selfish.

Admittedly though, this is a big leap!

John said...

True enough. Besides which, if I really wanted to say no, I could have fought you all off with nothing but ... uh ... a pillow and the three sharpest corn chips from the bag. But then, with you all incapacitated, I suppose I'd have to get the pizza and feed you, so no dice.