Sunday 30 October 2005

The Sunday Mok - Forced Leisure

I rode with Dad to church last Sunday, contrary to my recent habits. Afterwards, I had Mongolian barbeque for lunch at Deb's with her family. In the after-lunch conversation, I wound up in the local park throwing a spear with a woomera. I sang in church that evening, too.
I spent Monday at work failing to translate an Access database into SQL Server by various means. I also realised just how busy I'd be for the rest of the week. I did get to Bible study that night.
By Tuesday it was clear how bad the Access database was going to be if I left it in its current state. It was running about 30 times slower than the orignal version, which was exactly the opposite of the point of the translation work in the first place. In the evening, after karate, I took some items to Beth's for a garage sale that's been postponed to this coming Saturday.
On Wednesday, if you'll pardon the medical details, I developed a spotty rash over my entire body. Apart from that, however, I felt fine. Deb and I went to the Sit Down Comedy Club for the New Comic of the Year competition. We both thought the second place winner shouldn't have placed.
I went to the doctor on Thursday who reckons I've got glandular fever, which can present as tonsillitis at first, and can also produce a rash. I've been advised to avoid general social contact, but I've sort of gone against that advice a couple of times.
I went for blood tests on Friday, the results of which I should have tomorrow afternoon. I helped set up for the youth group Trivia Night, and then had to rest for a while. I went home and watched Saw on DVD that Deb had lent me. Very interesting.
On Saturday, I cancelled and stayed away from everything, including my ill-fated Brisbane Zombiewalk 2005. I guess I'll try that again next year. I tried to play City of Heroes, but it took all day to download the latest patch at 1.6GB in size. Now the game files are corrupted and seem unable to fix themselves, so I may have to re-install and re-download gigabytes of patches and updates.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - I do hope that works.
PPS - Otherwise it could be an expensive call to tech support in the States.

No comments: