Monday 7 November 2005

It's like LEGO for big people

Yesterday afternoon Debbie and I assembled a bookshelf from Ikea. Following the printed instructions reminded me of constructing a LEGO model, only bigger and with no knobby bits to just click together. That could easily be what led to the one mistake: the top shelf is on backwards, exposing its bare chipboard edge.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - Unfortunately, it's nailed in place.
PPS - Turning it around would involve dismantling the entire unit.

4 comments:

Pstonie said...

"Like so many others I had become a slave to the Ikea nesting instinct."

Sorry, couldn't resist.

John said...

Fight Club quotes and Fight Club-related comments are always welcome on this blog. You need apologise for nothing.

John said...

You assume correctly. Paint of any kind wouldn't be that effective, as the exposed chipboard is rough, so I'll be off to the hardware store to look for some edging to cover up my mistake.

Erin Marie said...

The idea of you in a hardware store and then doing handyman-ish things is vaguely attractive. Well, in a funny way. Kind of like when Ben put together my book case in his underpants.

I don't know where this comment was going. I apologise.