Sunday 20 November 2005

The Sunday Mok - Profilin'

I drove Debbie to church last Sunday, since the family car would have been a bit squashed. After the service we went to a barbeque lunch and swim gathering at Stu's. I sang in the evening service, then had a late dinner at the local Coffee Club.
Monday at work meant debugging and model-building, and both of them got rather tiresome pretty quickly. I'd rather be building a user interface in .NET than trying to put stopgap fixes into the Access version. I played some City of Villains in the evening.
I went back to karate on Tuesday and felt fine, though I did take it a bit easy. I take this as a sign that my glandular fever is gone. I spent my lunch break in the park outside the office with Deb and her siser Mia.
On Wednesday I took Deb to see Kelly Clarkson at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre, backed up by Rogue Traders. Both were pretty good, but the show was kind of short.
My dinner on Thursday night tried to kill me. It was a frozen chicken chow mein, and there was a broken shard of plastic inside it that turned out to be just wide enough to evoke a choking response. By the time I coughed it back up, I wasn't so hungry anymore. I also saw this and laughed.
On Friday night, we took the youth group kids to the local school oval to play netball and tennis and ended up with a little "indoor" soccer and low-net volleyball. I brought the half-time oranges.
Dad's wedding on Saturday went well, with despite me as MC. It means a few things, including that I now have grandparents again, I'm the middle child now, and I'm no longer living at home, but I haven't moved. It was good to see many of my uncles and aunts come out for the occasion.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - I keep saying I'll have to change all my neuroses to middle-child ones.
PPS - But that's wearing kind of thin now, so I guess I'll stop.

No comments: