Sunday 12 February 2006

The Sunday Mok - The second half of camping

Last Sunday felt really long. It started with eggs and pancakes cooked on a butane stove at a Maroochydore campsite, then packup, a long drive home interrupted by lunch at some place by the highway, then a three-hour nap, followed by church in the evening.
On Monday at work I finally got into detailed (re)design of the personnel database. It felt better than the high-level functional design. In the evening, Ug, Dad and I had dinner at Hungry Jacks.
Tuesday at work I got a call about our timesheet transfer process, and I decided to finally scrap the entire problematic thing and redesign from the ground up. It's really been a mess from day one, so hopefully (when I'm finished) we'll have something more manageable and accessible.
I had a meeting about timesheet stuff on Wednesday, followed by coding. After work there was a "short" youth group meeting that I had to leave after an hour so I could be home in time to greet everyone for Bible study. I hate being rushed.
I spent Thursday coding database access code for the timesheet transfer, later realising that it could have gone much faster if I'd just used some basic supporting code for statement generation. Dinner at Dad's in the evening.
A good portion of Friday was taken up with moving my files and settings to a new PC. We (Brad and I) asked for more memory and got whole new computers instead (without a memory upgrade, as it turns out). Youth group movies in the evening: saw Just Friends.
On Saturday I tried to donate a lot of old computer gear to the church for a garage sale, and had to bring every bit of it home, because they were not accepting computers. I also went to Koorong to buy some new music. I grabbed one Newsboys CD and one by Paul Colman.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - I got significantly tired rather early on Saturday night.
PPS - I was in bed by about 10pm.

No comments: