Sunday 19 February 2006

The Sunday Mok - There was no "sleep", just the "over"

Last Sunday it was raining by the end of the church service. I spent the afternoon sleeping, reading and playing City of Heroes. Bec brought new baby Elijah to the evening service. He was well received, as is expected.
I installed a few more of my commonly-used programs at work on Monday. The timesheet transfer process went wrong again, and the fix didn't fare much better. Dad, Ug and I went to Pizza Hut for dinner.
I broke a shoelace on Tuesday morning, and set a reminder to buy more during lunchtime. Unfortunately, I noted only the length of the laces I needed, so by lunchtime I had no idea what it meant. Deb and I watched The Phantom of the Opera on video.
On Wednesday I had a meeting to discuss some more ideas about the performance appraisal database, which should now be called a full-blown personnel management package. I also looked at Ruby on Rails as a potential development environment.
I overslept on Thursday morning and rushed through the morning routine, postponing breakfast until I got to work. I spent some time on timesheet transfer troubles and also setting up our Asset Knowledgebase software on my new machine. In the evening, we went do Dad's for dinner and took over his computer which has now been replaced by a shinier model at home.
More timesheets work on Friday, including a change of tactics to a more transitional upgrade path rather than a total scrap-and-rewrite. I watched an episode of Fullmetal Alchemist during lunchtime. We had a youth group "sleep"-over that night, where we watched Kicking and Screaming, Pirates of the Caribbean and Star Wars: A New Hope. Adding it up, I probably got a total of 2 hours sleep.
Saturday morning we had breakfast cooked for us by the friendly church folk. When I got home, I slept until lunchtime, then went out shopping alone, because Deb was at a first aid course. When she finished, she came over for dinner and to play City of Heroes.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - I should get around to posting a picture of her character.
PPS - Maybe later.

1 comment:

Erin Marie said...

*posting as John*

On Friday, I also had my last bus ride with Erin, as she moves into her new place on Monday. I will miss it.