Tuesday 2 May 2006

No Places in Firefox 2

I was very excited about a new feature coming to Firefox, my web browser of choice. Version 2.0 of Firefox was to include a feature called Places, an innovative bookmarks and history manager. Very few people are still using bookmarks effectively, because our needs and web browsing habits have changed since the original design of that ancient feature. Places was set to bring Firefox bookmark functionality into the present, with searching and tagging. Sadly, according to this article, the Places feature will not be ready for the projected 2.0 release date.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - I guess I'll have to keep using del.icio.us for now.
PPS - Places would have been much like that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm disappointed that the feature won't be incorporated but they know more about the product than myself so I can't make an educated opinion. If they say it won't make Firefox 2.0 a quality product, then so be it. I'm looking forward to the other features though such as in-line spell checking, anti-phishing capabilities, and imroved extension management.