Sunday 14 May 2006

The Sunday Mok - A cult of plastic kitchenware

Sunday - I received the first actual news I've gotten from Dad & Beth overseas, which summed up to "we're in Frankfurt". I watched last Sunday's Big Brother, then played City of Heroes for most of the afternoon.
Monday - Work seems to be quieter recently. I did some appraisal database documentation and fixed a bug in Asset Knowledgebase. I booked accommodation for the Hobart trip, and had dinner at Gwen & John's with the rest of the bible study group.
Tuesday - Timesheet transfer dramas held the process up, so it didn't happen on Monday or Tuesday. In my spare time I updated my WorkDiary note-taking program to include a project tag for easier searching. Karate in the evening was a tough leg workout.
Wednesday - My legs got progressively more sore during the day. I had dinner at Deb's and we watched three Stargate SG-1 episodes. I had to do the dishes when I got home.
Thursday - I worked on gathering info for the switch to a new accounting system at work. As it turns out, to keep our peripheral services running, we'll need full access to their database. I had dinner at Deb's, then helped Rachel look up some info on setting up an online forum for a university assignment.
Friday - I got word that I'll need to work out lots of complex security requirements for the appraisal database. At my current estimate, though the site is otherwise ready to be used, it will take a month. For youth group we took everyone to the Oxley driving range. I think I could get to be an average golfer if I took the time or had much interest.
Saturday - I tried to help Jenny with her PC, but in the end it seems that the hard drive is dead. That took all morning to find out, because it wasn't dead yet. I bought the next two Stargate seasons and Deb and I finished off season 5.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - The "cult of plastic kitchenware" has likely invaded your kitchen, too.
PPS - I won't mention the name, but I think you know who I mean.

No comments: