Sunday 21 May 2006

The Sunday Mok - Live From Adelaide!

Sunday - After the morning church service, I ate lunch at Deb's, then came home to do laundry and dishes. I took a nap while Deb played City of Heroes. Baby Eli was at the evening service and getting lots of attention. Deb and I got some ideas from Michelle about things to do in Tasmania.
Monday - At work we had a presentation about some software we may be purchasing. I still don't know exactly what it's all about. I had dinner at home before heading to bible study, thoroughly unprepared, as it turned out. Deb and I watched another Stargate SG-1 episode afterwards.
Tuesday - I ate leftover taco filling for lunch, which was all meat and cheese. Somehow I doubt it's good for me. I went to install some hardware for Jenny and Trevor, and that went on way longer than I planned.
Wednesday - After a couple of days of planning, I got down to the more-interesting details of implementing a security framework for our performance appraisal database. It's coming along nicely. Deb came over in the evening and made enchiladas for dinner while I packed to go to Adelaide. We watched more Stargate.
Thursday - I had an early start to get to the plane in time. The flight, apart from being hurled through the air in a metal tube, was nothing extraordinary. I listened to stand-up comedy because I couldn't sleep. Erin, Gwen and I spent the afternoon at Glenelg Beach before the evening conference session, which was great.
Friday - The day was full from start to finish with five conference sessions and short breaks for food. I learned a lot about God, myself and our youth ministry. There will likely be more on this later.
Saturday - Just like Friday, but more tired. As an example, imagine that I had writted "tireder" right there, and you might get the picture. By the evening, I just needed a quiet place to sleep, away from humans and traffic.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - Sleep still eluded me on today's plane trip.
PPS - Back in my own bed, things were different.

No comments: