Monday 29 May 2006

What's on?

I would think that television stations would have a good incentive to provide free weekly program guide information to their viewers. Unless they currently sell that information to third parties, it wouldn't impact on their income, and I expect it would help to attract viewers, too. Before long, someone would concoct a service to aggregate the various program guides into one regional multi-channel guide.

At the moment, in Australia, the only options of which I am aware are IceTV (a pay service) and yourTV, whose guide is only available for a quarter of a day at a time.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - I long to be able to program my personal video recorder by keyword or show name.
PPS - Then I'd never miss another stand-up comedy festival.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey John,

You need to get a hold of WebScheduler, it has an option to download the EPG everyday, which I could give you the link for, and you can set it up with keywords and matchlists to download certain programs weekly or just shows with certain content and it is a simple interface to use once you set it up

Stu

John said...

Cheers, Stu. I'll look into it, though I might have to upgrade my capture card first. It'll be a good excuse, at least. ;)

Anonymous said...

I reckon it would probably support the older cards because it is open source and developed for a large amount of cards