Friday 4 August 2006

Dream a little dream for me

I wonder if we'll need authors any more when we can record our dreams and pass them around like packaged psychotic episodes. I expect that will be a bit too raw for most people, and we'll have editors and social filters that give us the best bits of the best dreamers. I don't think it will replace traditional authorship any more than blogging replaces traditional journalism. I also imagine that the most popular dreamers will be treated just to recognition, not awe, reverence or genuine fame. You can't hold a press conference to ask them questions about their latest nocturnal hallucinations, or what they might have in store for us later. It just, you know, happens.

It will be a strange world.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - I've started listening to Cory Doctorow's podcast.
PPS - I finished "I, Row Boat" this morning.

1 comment:

Erin Marie said...

You just talked about dreams on your blog... do you know what that means?

(looks around furtively)

*whispers*

[i]You're gay![/i]