Sunday 19 November 2006

The Sunday Mok - Warp 1, Engage!

Sunday - Church in the morning, followed by grocery shopping and a nap. In the afternoon I went to the Enoggera Bowls Club to play rebound volleyball with nine of my school friends and associates. It was great to see everyone again, plus the exercise did me good.
Monday - I spent the week at work on the performance appraisal database and identity database. I think performance appraisals are nearly finished. At bible study in the evening, we just discussed the reading without the video and I passed on a copy of the Mosaic talk series "Life's Toughest Questions".
Tuesday - I woke up tired and stayed that way at work for most of the week. Karate in the evening was a little easier than last week. After dinner, Deb and I watched some Stargate Atlantis.
Wednesday - It was tough to get out of bed. My own fault, of course, for having late nights. There was a big storm around lunchtime, and I found it hard to focus all day. Deb and I had dinner at my place because the storm had cut power to hers.
Thursday - Dinner at Dad & Beth's was a really nice marinated roast, with apple pie and custard for dessert. I say this to make you jealous. My step-brother-in-law mentioned that I could have saved on my laptop purchase if I'd salary-sacrificed for it. This is why it's handy to know an accountant.
Friday - We took the youth group ice skating, though many of our regulars were elsewhere celebrating the end of their school year. We witnessed a marriage proposal on the ice which I knew I couldn't mention to Deb until late on Saturday.
Saturday - Deb and I went Christmas shopping for each other, which meant a little time apart and hiding store-branded bags afterwards. When we met back up, we looked at engagement rings. When we found one we both liked and saw that it fit perfectly, I bought it. We went to dinner that night at the most expensive restaurant we've been to. Good food, though.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - Deb's face hurt from smiling so much.
PPS - I smiled a lot too.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

congratulations John and Deb!!

Julie

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Have fun planning for the big day!
Love LOZZ