Wednesday 6 December 2006

Day of the Dead impressions

I watched Day of the Dead for the first time last night. Now I kind of feel like I should clean my ears out with soap. I'm sure someone has done a profanity count on that script, and I'm sure it's very high. Anyway, besides being a little dated, I found it interesting in a car crash kind of way.

Zombie movies are typically about the best and worst of humanity, and this one certainly gets that part right. It seems these survivors have much more to fear from each other than the undead. I also liked the way the zombies were learning to be civilised as the humans drifted further into barbarism. Apart from that, though, it's pretty standard fare.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - I don't think zombie movies need to be about gore.
PPS - This one was definitely gory.

No comments: