Sunday 18 March 2007

The Sunday Mok - The Carpeteers

Sunday - In the morning church service, Deb and I took a look at Dean and Wendy's wedding photos to get an idea of their photographer's work. After lunch, we cleared most of the clutter out of the patio. Supper after the evening church service was at McDonald's because the Coffee Club was closing early for the night.
Monday - For the performance appraisal database at work, I had to get the printed results to look identical to the original paper forms, which took a little while in HTML. In the evening, Deb and I assembled our new lounge suite from Ikea, but first we had to move lots of the old furniture out to the newly-clear patio.
Tuesday - A few too many things happened at once at work, so I was feeling a bit rushed. I left work early to get home in time for a meeting with Gwen, the minister. After Deb and I got home, we worked out a budget as homework.
Wednesday - I had definitely developed two big knots in my shoulder muscles, and it could be related to throwing all my projects up in the air without any good way to catch them again. Deb and I watched four episodes of Scrubs in the evening.
Thursday - I bought Meg the cat a scratching post to distract her from the new furniture. So far, she seems reluctant to go near it. Deb and I watched Wandering Samurai episodes from Anthony's collection, but I mostly dozed.
Friday - I managed to have a pretty quiet work afternoon, because everything was under control. In the evening for youth group we played beach volleyball, which was fun.
Saturday - I drove Deb to Deception Bay for a debriefing day on her Philippines trip, then hung around reading. I also went for a run. We tore up the carpet in the master bedroom when we got home. Dinner in the evening was Thai at Dad & Beth's to celebrate her birthday, then Deb and I left to go to a St Patrick's Day/congratulations party for Erin.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - I've been reading Getting Things Done to help organise my life a bit better.
PPS - So far, I like it.

No comments: