Friday 13 April 2007

Google Calendar SMS alerts

Google Calendar SMS reminders are the best thing to happen to me this week. If you provide Google Calendar with your mobile number (and you are with Vodaphone or Optus if you're in Australia) you can get reminders for your events sent to your mobile phone via SMS for free. My main temptation will be to send myself too many of these reminders initially, and it could be a little while before I find the right balance, but for now it's an excellent service of which I plan to take full advantage.

My main problem with my calendar is that I can't see it all the time, and that's because my phone is very old and can't sync with my PC. Having the ability to get SMS reminders of calendar events this easily will definitely help me stay on top of my calendar.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - I anticipate getting a newer phone fairly soon.
PPS - Not sure exactly when, though.

No comments: