Wednesday 30 May 2007

Lost and found

In mid-March, I found a flash drive near a bus stop. I printed a flyer and hung it up there to see if I could find the owner and, of course, had to include some contact details. I put my mobile number on there. The first call I received was from an incredulous girl whose only explanation for the flyer was that the police must have forced me to do it. She didn't quite believe that there are people in the world who would try to return lost property of their own free will. After our brief conversation, she sent me a four word text message: "You strange, nice person.." I just hope she would be led to find out what makes a person like that. It's a seed moment, and I have the impression that I'm just part of a much larger story here.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - Of course it's a larger story.
PPS - It's a life story.

1 comment:

Erin Marie said...

Maybe you're on TV too.

It sounds like something that would happen to me.