Wednesday 27 June 2007

Online reading lists

For a while, I used to tag interesting articles on my del.icio.us account with "forlater", understanding that I would get around to them later. As it turns out, though, "later" is usually "never". Then I started using Google Reader, which includes a feature to mark an item with a star. I use this, too, as a way of tagging things to get back to later. The Google Reader way is a bit easier.

For a while I was stuck in the old way of thinking: I planned to manage these two "later" reading lists by somehow getting all the starred items out of Google Reader and into del.icio.us. Then I was struck by a spectacular yet simple inspiration: subscribe to a feed of my "forlater" items in Google Reader and star the ones I still want to check out! It's working wonders, but it is adding to my star list (at about 400 and growing).

Mokalus of Borg

PS - Oh, well. I'm sure I'll get around to it.
PPS - Later.

No comments: