Friday 27 July 2007

The saga of the new phone

This is a rough breakdown of the events that revolved around me and my new phone.

Day -2: Go to 3 Mobile store in the city and ask about plans.
Day 0: Go back to 3 Mobile store to sign up.
Discover that one handset is only available in orange at the moment. It was previously stated that this handset comes only in black.
Go to other 3 store to ask about black phone availability. No, only orange.
Sign up for plans anyway. Service cutover is to be as soon as possible.
Day 1: No service.
Day 2: Call 3 customer care line to inquire about service. Told that it takes two working days to get details into the system.
Day 4: Call 3 customer care line to inquire about service. Told that the store seems not to have forwarded my details, and asked to call back tomorrow.
Day 5: Call 3 customer care line to inquire about service. Put on hold while call centre operator checks with the store. There had been a "technical difficulty". Temporary number is to be set up within 15 minutes, real number within 24 hours.
Two hours later: Service finally kicks in.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - It could have been worse, I suppose.
PPS - The orange phone now belongs to Deb.

2 comments:

Erin Marie said...

So what do you have?

John said...

I thought maybe I should have been a bit clearer there. I got a black Nokia 6288. Deb got an LG U300, which we were told (at first) only came in black. When I went to sign up for the plans, I was informed that they only had orange U300s available, contrary both to our previous information and our desires. We decided to sign up for the new plans anyway and accept the orange phone for Deb.