Wednesday 26 September 2007

A small set of random thoughts

- I want to be able to take a vow of silence for a day and communicate only through signs, gestures and written words. I think it would be very interesting.
- Frame interpolation for slowing down film further. I'd be surprised if someone isn't doing this already.
- You should never believe a TV magician who says he doesn't use camera tricks. Why should we take at face value the word of a person whose job is devising new and entertaining ways to trick us?
- To keep drinking coffee because you get headaches when you stop is like staying on heroin because withdrawals make you vomit.
- What if we had hundred of tiny spider robots to maintain our cars on the go? They'd just crawl around inside the engine, fixing problems as they occur, like leaks and loose bolts.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - I didn't think I could stretch any of these into a decent full post.
PPS - And they're too long for my Messenger quotes.

2 comments:

Erin Marie said...

I like the spiders. Well, the idea of them.

John said...

Spiders is just a name. And in practice it might turn out that you only need to have your car serviced half as often, but need to buy some new spiders every few months.