Wednesday 21 November 2007

The destiny of my paper journals

I've wondered what will happen to my paper journals once I'm gone. It's probable they'll be thrown out and forgotten very quickly, and that makes me kind of sad. Journals are documentation of everyday life in the time they're written, and some people find that kind of detail fascinating. However, if I am nobody of note, the reasons for preserving my life in particular are thin on the ground. Most of us don't even know the names of our great-grandparents, so why would my great-grandchildren hold on to musty old paper containing boring descriptions of a daily life they didn't know and don't care about?

Still, I keep them. Just in case.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - It's quite possible a few of my ancestors kept journals.
PPS - I don't have them.

No comments: