Wednesday 26 December 2007

The shortest sleep experiment ever

I've mentioned before an interest in polyphasic sleep, and I had decided that this Christmas/New Year break would be a good time to try it out. So after Deb and I got home from Christmas dinner, I took a short nap from 21:00 to 21:30, intending then to be awake until 01:00, take another half hour nap and be awake until 05:00 and so on. However, at 22:30, a mere hour after waking up, the committee decided that the general crabbiness of the adjustment period would not be worth the trouble. I slept through the night.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - I did have an odd dream about being a ninja chasing someone in a rabbit suit.
PPS - I played Killer Bunnies a lot the past two days.

5 comments:

Erin Marie said...

By 'the committee', you're talking about you and Deb right?

John said...

I think I'll leave it up to your imagination whether Deb was up with me or I started a discussion with myself.

Anonymous said...

its probably a good thing you didnt go through with it, read a book called "The Game" its a biography of 2 years in this guys life, and at one stage he tries out polyphasic sleep, but they call it the sleep diet. apparently after 10 days of doing it, it becomes really easy. but they only made it to about day 5 i think. it sounded like they were pretty messed up after it though.

John said...

That doesn't sound like he fully made it through the adjustment period (about a week). The site I linked before (StevePavlina.com) is by a guy who slept polyphasic for about 5.5 months. He sounded in most ways better than a monophasic sleeper at the end.

Erin Marie said...

Both sound equally plausible.