Friday 15 February 2008

Everything is broken #3: The home telephone

In keeping with the theme of everything electronic going wrong for me, the home phone is on the blink. The positive twist in this case is that it's Telstra's problem, not mine, but I'll still have to wait up to two weeks for it to be fixed. In the meantime they promise to deliver a magical telephone that only requires power, not a working hard line. I am slightly intrigued to discover how it works.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - Perhaps it uses the mobile network.
PPS - It's possible Telstra will receive this device back disassembled.

1 comment:

John said...

Update: the interim phone does use the mobile network via a big chunky modem device. The quality is not great, but passable, and I think I can refrain from dismantling it.