Friday 21 March 2008

Good Friday and Formal Friday

Today, among a certain group of friends is known both as Good Friday and Formal Friday. Formal Friday is a day to wear second-hand formal clothes around Toowoomba and the Gospel Music Festival (now known as Easterfest). It's fun mostly because these formal clothes look great, but you're not as attached to them because they were so cheap, so you can get up to various mischief and shenanigans if you so choose.

One year we had a sign up in the camping grounds of the festival and were mistaken for a band, so in my mind, as much as I like my old fake band Milhouse, I think I prefer the name Formal Friday. I even made a logo. So as you contemplate the meaning of Easter, you might also like to wear an old suit or gown, or pretend you're in a band for no good reason.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - Happy Easter!
PPS - I'm not in Toowoomba this year because I thought (erroneously) that I'd be busy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As an original member of milhouse iam shocked and appalled
Bridgit
though i was also there that formal friday....

John said...

Yeah, maybe I should have discussed with other members my preference for one fake band over another. In any case, neither Formal Friday nor Milhouse seems to have gotten far. I guess it takes actual music for a band to make any impact.