Wednesday 2 April 2008

So You Think You Can Act?

I'd be interested in a TV talent show based around acting. Despite bad experiences in the past with Big Brother auditions, I think I'd even go along to the auditions. I can imagine the actors working with different directors in different styles week by week and a panel of judges responding. It's all fairly plausible, but it wouldn't work very well. For one thing, it's not nearly as exciting as singing or dancing, so I would expect the ratings to be lower than those shows.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - Also, there's irony in making reality TV with actors.
PPS - It's a niche-focused idea.

4 comments:

Erin Marie said...

I don't think it's as good as my idea of "So You Think You've Got Pants", in which the contestants walk in and the judges decide whether their pants are good enough to be on the show.

But I'd be interested to see how it went.

John said...

It's possible that "So You Think You've Got Pants" could be a fashion designer's talent show, and very nearly the same as you've described.

Erin Marie said...

So you admit it, I AM a genius!

John said...

Occasionally we all have moments of brilliance.