Wednesday 7 May 2008

The lift that tries to kill you

We got a message at work that we should not use lift number 3, due to some mechanical problems (dropping several floors, not opening doors). Since the lifts are not numbered, someone helpfully stuck a note to one of them, identifying it as number 3. Call me paranoid, but I'm a little hesitant to trust my safety to a Post-It note that could just as easily be moved for the sake of mischief.

The flip side is that if we can still assume that the lifts are numbered consecutively and starting at a corner, then any corner lift of the set of 8 cannot be lift number 3.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - And guess which one tried to serve me as I went home.
PPS - The sign is now gone from the ground floor, but not level 11 where I work.

3 comments:

Erin Marie said...

I have this image of you in a plummeting lift shaking your fist at the sky shouting "DAMN YOU POST-IIIIIIIIIIT!"

Anonymous said...

on the blog about shows you should watch, i remember a convo with you a couple of years ago when you said you liked full metal alchemist, which prompted me to go watch that show... and it was most definitely awesome, and in return i am going to go suggest you watch an anime called Death Note. it is a fantastic show and really gets you thinking about a lot of controversial issues... plus the story line is just awesome.

John said...

@littlemissrandom: That's very evocative. Worthy of a movie trailer.

@timmeh: I remember you recommending Death Note another time, too, and I also have a similar recommendation from my brother. When I have time, I'll give it a go.