Wednesday 14 May 2008

Web 2.0 recipe databases

At a request, I have been searching for a good recipe database for home. As I looked around, it started occurring to me that the biggest hassle of such a program would be data input. One of the best and most modern ways to handle data input is "crowdsourcing" - getting everyone to manage the data in little pieces each. Thus it follows that what I'm looking for is a kind of cookbook Wikipedia.

It then further occurs to me that we want to mark some recipes our favourites, record when we last prepared them and ask for a list of favourite recipes we have not seen in a while. Like a media player with star ratings and smart playlists. So it is possible that I'm looking for Wikipedia + iTunes + recipes.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - The closest thing I've found so far is GroupRecipes.com.
PPS - It's more like recipe-themed social networking, though.

No comments: