Tuesday 2 September 2008

I want to act

Every time I see some behind-the-scenes documentary or some glimpse of the actor's life, I miss it. I've only done a few plays and skits in my time, but I've always enjoyed them. I've turned down a few, too, mostly because they're last-minute things and I prefer to rehearse if there's going to be a script. I don't know where I would go to get involved in a decent community theatre, or even if there are any around. I kept my eye on the Harvest Rain newsletters for open auditions, but they only seem to offer about one per year.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - I also missed their acting classes because of our USA trip.
PPS - I wouldn't trade it, though. It was just unfortunate timing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say go for it, having seen you do so many skits and the plays you've been involved in, there's some real talent lurking there

John said...

Thanks for the encouragement. I do still have a problem of direction, though. I don't know where to go if I want to pursue acting even as a hobby. I guess I've got some research to do.